Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Survival kits go mainstream

It amuses me greatly to walk around the stores I normally do in my mall walk, and see pseudo survival kits, Barnes and nobles can hold a great many treasures, mainly proper books on the subject, I have bought Les Stroud's Survive book, highly recommended, and I start at Cody Lundin's books debating whether to buy them or not, Though I am waiting to finish current books for it. These next few objects I do not recommend buying.

This is a handy gem is it not? Beyond the fact that someone opened the box and there were parts missing from it, a canteen, flashlight and a few pouches and an old book. since I can not find these on the website I am going to assume they are ashamed of selling it and do not want me to remember the price.






These two things would be good for a young cub scout yes, but don't young boys go into cub scouts for the cool toys, like pocket knives and fire starting implements, I know thats why I wanted to go in.
                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment